Paulding County, Ohio Genealogy
|Paulding County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Paulding County Courthouse|
115 N. Williams St.
Paulding, Ohio 45879
Paulding County Website
United States Ohio Paulding County
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Shelby, Darke, Williams, and Wood Counties 12 February 1820.
- County Seat: Paulding
- Neighboring Counties: Paulding County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Defiance (north) · Van Wert (south) · Putnam (east) · Allen County, Indiana (west)
See an interactive map of Paulding County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
- Kingery Cemetery, Brown BillionGraves
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Paulding County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Paulding County.
- - 100th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company I
Naturalization and Citizenship
Paulding County Courthouse
Perry & N Williams
Paulding, OH 45879
County Health Department has birth and death records;
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records;
Clerk Court has divorce records; County Judge has court
records; County Recorder has land records
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Paulding County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulding_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).