Pawnee County, Kansas Genealogy
Pawnee County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Pawnee County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|Address|| Pawnee County Courthouse|
715 Broadway Street
Larned, Kansas 67550-3098
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Pawnee County Courthouse
Larned, KS 67550
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1873,
divorce, probate, court and naturalization records
Register of Deeds has land records.
City Clerk has birth and death records and death records 1897-1911
and burial records from 1886, census taken in 1886.  County Clerk
Vital Records/Records of Pawnee County
- Ash Valley
- Pawnee County Organization Records
- Pawnee County Section of William G. Cutler's History of the State of Kansas
- Kansas Historical Society Kansapedia for Pawnee County
- Souvenir of Larned and Pawnee County, Kansas
Issued by the "Larned Business Men's Association" about 1908. Collection of photos and brief historical sketches.
- Wichita State University Libraries Images of Larned
- History of Browns Grove & Burdett Kansas, 1876-1976
List of names in this out-of-print book (lookups available)
- Burdett High School Class of 1937
Pictures with names.
- Map from Cutler's History of the State of Kansas
- Map from Kansas State Board of Agriculture First Biennial Report, 1878
- Plat Book of Pawnee County, Kansas, 1902
- Atlas and Plat Book of Pawnee County, Kansas, 1916
- Pawnee County 1883 List of Pensioners on the Roll
- Pawnee County World War II casualties
- Pawnee County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
- Kansas Historical Society
Online documents, images, publications, etc. for Pawnee County
- Jordaan Memorial Library, Larned: Library holdings can be searched in Pathfinder Central. The library may have cataloged unique items related to genealogy and local history, in addition to published works for this area.
Family History Centers
- Genealogy Trails/Kansas Trails Pawnee County page
- KSGenWeb/Pawnee County
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pawnee County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pawnee County, Kansas page 254, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).