Difference between revisions of "Pendleton County, Kentucky Genealogy"
|Line 64:||Line 64:|
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
Revision as of 21:45, 4 March 2011
|Pendleton County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||December 4, 1798|
- 1 Quick Dates
- 2 County Courthouse
- 3 History
- 4 Places/Localities
- 5 Resources
- 6 Timeline
- 7 Societies and Libraries
- 8 Web Sites
- 9 References
Pendleton County's civil records start the following years:
*Many years between 1852 and 1911 are missing
|Caddo||Ezra (hist.)||Ivor||Peach Grove|
|Callensville (hist.)||Flowertown (hist.)||Locust Grove|| |
|Carntown||Four Oaks||Marcus|| |
|Catawba||Fruit Hill (hist.)||McKinneysburg|| |
African American Research
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- 1850 Pendleton County Slave Census
- 1860 Pendlton County Slave Census
- The KY African American Griots Project ~ The Kentucky African American Griots Project
- Sandi Gorin's Tips ~ Hangings in Kentucky 1792 - 1900
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Pendleton County Cemeteries ~ Pendleton County KYGenWeb
- Pendleton Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The KY Historical Society’s Cemetery Database
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Naming the Forgotten ~ Naming the Forgotten - The Eastern State Hospital Project
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Pendleton County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Pendleton County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Pendleton County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- 1800 Pendleton County Head of Household Census ~ Pendleton County KYGenWeb
- 1810 Pendleton County Census Index ~ Pendleton County USGenWeb Archives
- 1810 Pendleton County Census ~ Pendleton County USGenWeb Archives
- 1820 Pendleton County Census Index ~ Pendleton County USGenWeb Archives
- 1820 Pendleton County Census ~ Pendleton County USGenWeb Archives
- 1830 Pendleton County Census Index ~ Pendleton County USGenWeb Archives
- 1830 Pendleton County Census, pg 62-72 ~ Pendleton County USGenWeb Archives
- 1830 Pendleton County Census pg 73-82 ~ Pendleton County USGenWeb Archives
|Source: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau.|
1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920, and 1930 federal population schedules of Pendleton County are available online. For tips on accessing census records online, see Kentucky Census. If you're having trouble finding your ancestors in online indexes, try checking printed indexes. Created by local experts familiar with the area's families, these indexes are often transcribed more accurately than online nationwide indexes.
See Kentucky Population Schedule Indexes: Fiche, Film, or Book for more information about statewide printed indexes.
Pendleton County Kentucky History ~ history of Pendleton County from KY.gov
Fryer House ~ The Fryer House is located in Butler, Kentucky. This historic two story stone house was built by Pendleton County, Kentucky pioneer Walter Fryer in 1811. Abraham Vastine, a housebuilder, built this house of limestone from an adjacent quarry and it has walls two feet thick. The roof truss system is built of wood framing held together with wooden pegs. The home was not completed until 1813. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Pendleton County Historical Society announced in April 2007 that it had leased the home for 99 years as a museum and Society offices. The building had been vacant for seven years.
Kennett Tavern ~ The Kennett Tavern is located in Falmouth, and is the Commonwealth of Kentucky’s oldest standing commercial building of Federated architectural construction. The facility has been completely renovated and now serves as the City of Falmouth Municipal Building.
Pendleton County Map ~ Street names, landmarks, etc ~ Kentucky.gov
Falmouth Outlook Newspaper ~ Serving Pendleton County since 1907.
|1798||Land records recorded||Source:Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources|
|1799||County formed||Source:Red Book American State, County and Town Sources|
|1799||Court records recorded||Source:Red Book American State, County and Town Sources|
|1799||Marriage records recorded||Source:Red Book American State, County and Town Sources|
|1799||Probate records recorded||Source:Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources|
|1800||First census||Source:Population of States and Counties of the United States: 1790-1990|
|1820||No significant boundary changes after this year||Source:Population of States and Counties of the United States: 1790-1990|
|1852||Birth records recorded||Source:Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources|
Societies and Libraries
Pendleton County Public Library
228 Main Street
Falmouth, KY 41040
Phone: (859) 654-8535
Pendleton County Historical Society
P. O. Box 130
Falmouth, KY 41040
Phone: (859) 654-3225
- Pendleton County KYGenWeb
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pendleton County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- KYGen\Web ~ information and project data pertraining to Kentucky and its counties.
- USGenWeb ~ maps, information, archives and projects relating to U.S. states and counties.
- USGenWeb Archives Project ~ Bible records, cemetery records, obituaries, military records, death notices and other information organized by state and county.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).