Pendleton County, South Carolina Genealogy
- From 1800 to 1826 this Pendleton County was also known by the alias of Pendleton District.
- Not to be confused with Pendleton District, the overarching district that included the subordinate Greenville County, and subordinate Pendleton County from 1798 to 1800.
The overarching Washington District created in 1791 included this subordinate Pendleton County. The name of this overarching district was changed to Pendleton District in 1798.  Compare the 1791 South Carolina map and the 1799 South Carolina Map. In 1800 South Carolina abolished overarching administrative court districts like Pendleton District, and switched to the county-only concept.
For documents of people who lived in Pendleton County look for:
- 1789 to 1800 papers filed in Pickensville, the District and County Seat
- 1800 to 1826 papers filed in Pendleton (town), the Count Seat 1800 to 1826.
- "A History of Pendleton County" in Carolana at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Counties/pendleton_county_sc.html (accessed 7 May 2011).
- "The Counties from 1664 to Present - In Alphabetical Order" in South Carolina - The Counties at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Counties/sc_counties_alphabetical_order.html (accessed 7 May 2011).