Difference between revisions of "Pendleton County, West Virginia Genealogy"
|Line 101:||Line 101:|
==== Local Histories ====
==== Local Histories ====
[http://www.wvculture.org/history/counties/pendleton.html West Virginia Archives and History - Pendleton County]
[http://www.wvculture.org/history/counties/pendleton.html West Virginia Archives and History - Pendleton County
==== Maps ====
==== Maps ====
Revision as of 22:16, 2 May 2012
|Pendleton County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 4.1 Cemeteries
- 4.2 Census
- 4.3 Court
- 4.4 Genealogy
- 4.5 Land
- 4.6 Local Histories
- 4.7 Maps
- 4.8 Naturalization
- 4.9 Newspapers
- 4.10 Probate
- 4.11 Research Guides
- 4.12 Taxation
- 4.13 Vital Records
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
301 Court Lane #101
Saint Mary's, WV 26170
- County Clerk has birth, marriage, death, and probate records from 1853
- Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records
A history of Pendleton County, West Virginia Google ebook
See an interactive map of Pendleton County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Augusta County, Virginia
- Highland County, Virginia
- Rockingham County, Virginia
For tips on accessing Pendleton County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- [Coberly] Harter, Mary. "James Cunningham of Western Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 29, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1985):9-16; Vol. 29, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1985):109-116. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 29 (1985).
- [Cunningham] Harter, Mary. "James Cunningham of Western Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 29, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1985):9-16; Vol. 29, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1985):109-116. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 29 (1985).
- [Harper] Rutherford, William Kenneth and Anna Clay Rutherford. Genealogical History of Our Ancestors. Revised Edition. 2 vols. Lexington, Mo., 1977. FHL Book 929.273 R933ra 1977 v. 1-v. 2.
- [Skidmore] Skidmore, Warren. Thomas Skidmore (Scudamore), 1605-1684, of Westerleigh, Gloucestershire, and Fairfield, Connecticut; His Ancestors and His Descendants to the Ninth Generation. 1980. FHL Book 929.273 Sk32sk; 1985 edition: FHL Book 929.273 Sk32sk 1985; 1998 edition: FHL CD-ROM.
- [Van Deventer] Vandevander, Paul J. and Ida Christobelle Van Deventer. The Van Deventer Family, 1550-1977. Parsons, W.Va.: McClain Print. Co., 1978. FHL Book 929.273 V286v.
- [Van Deventer] Arthaud, John Bradley and Catherine DeEtte Arthaud. The Mary Coberly and William Van Deventer Family of Pendleton and Randolph Counties, West Virginia, An Annotated Index to Paul J. Vandevander's The Van Deventer Family 1550-1977. Columbia, Mo., 1988. FHL Book 929.273 V286v index.
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital versions at U.S. Census Bureau and Google Books. 1967 reprint: FHL Book 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Western District, Pendleton County on page 135.]
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Book 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Virginia section begins on page 238.]
West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
Sons of Confederate Veterans, Brig. Gen. James Boggs' Camp # 1706
Dewayne Borror, Commander
Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, 7th WV Infantry Camp #7
P.O. Box 622
Franklin, WV 26807
- West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991.
P.O. Box 906
Franklin, WV 26807-0906
Pendleton County, West Virginia 1788 - 1970 Will Books
West Virginia Will Books
- "A Guide to the Counties of Virginia: Pendleton County," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 20, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1976):119-123. FHL; digital version at American Ancestors ($).
- 1792, 1802 - Images of the 1792 and 1802 Personal Property Tax Lists of Pendleton County, Virginia (now West Virginia) are available to browse online, courtesy: Binns Genealogy.
- 1815 -Ward, Roger D. 1815 Directory of Virginia Landowners (and Gazetteer). 6 vols. Athens, Ga.: Iberian Pub. Co., 1997-2000. FHL Books 975 E4w v. 5-v. 6. [The source for this publication is the 1815 land tax. Pendleton County is included in Vols. 5 and 6.]
Societies and Libraries
Pendleton County Historical Society
Franklin, West Virginia 26807
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cyndi's List
- Family Links
- Fort Seybert Heritage Education Association
- Pendleton County, West Virginia Microfilms at the Library of Virginia
- Pendleton County Links
- Pendleton County, West Virginia Wikipedia
- National Register of Historic Places
- Links about Pendleton County, West Virginia
- Pendleton County West Virginia Encyclopedia
- Flickr Photos from West Virginia
- Lough Family of Pendleton County
- History and Genealogy History and Genealogy
- West Virginia Mountain Highlands
- Harper Family Researchers
- Wikimedia Commons Pendleton County, West Virginia
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).