Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Births (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
- 1 Record Description
- 2 How to Use the Record
- 3 Record History
- 4 Related Websites
- 5 Related Wiki Articles
- 6 Contributions to This Article
- 7 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
- 8 Citation for This Collection
This collection is a name index to birth registers from the Board of Health in the city of Philadelphia. It also includes birth returns filed by physican, midwife and area hospitals and other facilities.
The key genealogical facts found in the Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Births collection May contain the following information:
- Date of birth of Child
- Name of Child
- Place of Birth (Address No. and street)
- Names of Parents
- Occupation of Father
- Name of Physician
How to Use the Record
This section of the article is incomplete. You can help FamilySearch Wiki by supplying links to related websites here.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should also list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the Wiki Article: Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Examples of Source Citations for a Record Found in This Collection
- “Delaware Marriage Records,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 4 March 2011), entry for William Anderson and Elizabeth Baynard Henry, married 23 November 1913; citing marriage certificate no. 859; FHL microfilm 2,025,063; Delaware Bureau of Archives and Records Management, Dover.
- “El Salvador Civil Registration,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 21 March 2011), entry for Jose Maria Antonio del Carmen, born 9 April 1880; citing La Libertad, San Juan Opico, Nacimientos 1879-1893, image 50; Ministerio Archivo Civil de la Alcaldia Municipal de San Salvador.
Citation for This Collection
"Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Births,1860-1915." FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org). Board of Health, City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. FHL microfilm, 461 reels. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.<>
The suggested format for citing FamilySearch Historical Collections is found in the following article: Help:How to Create Source Citations For FamilySearch Historical Records Collections