Pennsylvania For Further Reading
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:32, 13 October 2010 by DiltsGD (create page)
The following handbooks will give more detailed information about research and records of Pennsylvania:
- Clint, Florence. Pennsylvania Area Key: A Guide to the Genealogical Records of the State of Pennsylvania; Including Maps, Histories, Charts and Other Helpful Materials. 2nd ed. Denver, Colo.: Area Keys, 1976. (FHL 974.8 D27c.) An area key has also been published for each county.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. (FHL Collection Book 973 D27rb 2004.) WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Heisey, John W. Handbook for Genealogical Research in Pennsylvania. Indianapolis, Ind.: Heritage House, 1985. (FHL book 974.8 D27h.)
- Hoenstine, Floyd G. Guide to Genealogical and Historical Research in Pennsylvania. 3rd ed. Hollidaysburg, Pa.: F. G. Hoenstine, 1978. (FHL book 974.8 A3h.) This includes a bibliography of research materials available for rental or sale. It also contains an important surname index to many local histories. Also use the 1978-84 supplement.
- Iscrupe, William L., and Shirley G. M. Iscrupe, comps. Pennsylvania Line: A Research Guide to Pennsylvania Genealogy and Local History. 4th ed. Laughlintown, Pa.: Southwest Pennsylvania Genealogical Services, 1990. (FHL book 974.8 D27p.) Contains informative maps and a gazetteer.
- Schweitzer, George K. Pennsylvania Genealogical Research. Knoxville, Tenn.: G. Schweitzer, 1986. (FHL book 974.8 D27s.)