Pennsylvania in the War of 1812
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:56, 17 June 2012 by Cgmills (minor edit)
During the War of 1812, Pennsylvania supplied 28,146 infantry men, 407 cavalry men, 755 artillery men, and 9 men in miscellaneous troops for a total of 29,317 men.
Explanation of the Major Record Types
- Pearson, Thomas A., comp. Genealogical Records of the War of 1812: an Introduction and Selected Bibliography of Materials in the Collection of St. Louis Public Library. (St. Louis, Missouri: St. Louis Public Library, July 2004).
- Montgomery, Thomas Lynch. editor. Muster rolls of the Pennsylvania volunteers, in the war of 1812-1814, with pay rolls, etc (1907) . Harrisburg: Harrisburg Publishing Co.(1907). (Free). Digital version at Internet Archives.
- General Society of the War of 1812. The Constitution and Register of Membership of the General Society of the War of 1812 to October 1, 1899, (Philadelphia, Dewey & Eakens, Makers 1899). Family Search. FHL Digital Book contains registers for eight states and District of Columbia. Descendant Members of the Pennsylvania Society identifies veteran ancestor by name, his rank, unit in which he served, dates of service, etc.,(p.25).
- Ancestry. War of 1812 Service Records.($). This database gives name, company, rank at time of induction and at time of discharge of men mustered into the armed forces between 1812 and 1825.(Accessed 11 May 2012).
- Baker, Harrison Scott II: Index to the muster rolls of the Pennsylvania volunteers in the War of 1812-1814. (Society of the War of 1812 in the State of Ohio 1995 copyright 1997) pages 176 FHL 974.8 M2
- Marsh, James, and Gravenor March, Compiled military service records of: James Marsh, Gravenor March, Charles Mash, John Mash, Peter Mash, John Mash, Caleb Mash : who served during the war of 1812 1972
- Muster rolls of the Pennsylvania volunteers in the War of 1812-1814 : with contemporary papers and documents . (Microfilm of original published Harrisburg, Pa. : C.M. Busch, 1896). Family Search has digital version and and microfilm FHL Film 823997 Item 1
To view a digital version of this item click here.
- Myers, Harold L. Pennsylvania and the War of 1812 (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 1964) pages 22
- Fold3. Pennsylvania War of 1812 Pension Files. (Free). Alphabetical by surname. Shows entire pension file of those digitized. Incomplete as of 1 June 2012.
- War of 1812 pension records, 1866-1896 Pennsylvania.
- Rosenberg, Max, .The building of Perry's fleet on Lake Erie, 1812-1813 (Harrisburg, Pa, 1950) pages 72 FHL Book 974.8 A1
- Perry's Victory centennial sourvenir : the "Niagara" keepsake (New York, New York, 1913) pages 95
FHL Book 974.899 M2
- Sapio, Victor A., Pennsylvania and the War of 1812. (Lexington, Kentucky: University Press of Kentucky, c1970). 206 pages.FHL Book 974.8 H2
- Arthur, James and William Arthur: Arthur's in Pennsylvania( English page 10) See Digitized FHLVersion
- Barrickman, John Capt. John Barrickman's diary, account and general record book of the War of 1812 (Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1965) 1 microfilm FHL Film 441493 Item 4
- Kingsbury, Edwin C. Memoir of an old soldier : 1785-1815 (Apollo, Pennsylvania: Closson Press, c2000) pages 206. FHL Book 921.73 K611
- Watmough, John G., Record of service in the War of 1812 for John G. Watmough Microfilm of original records in the Pennsylvania Collection (Miscellaneous) at the Bureau of Archives and History in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. (Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1979) FHL Film 1032475 Item 19
- Baldwin, Henry R., Oldest inscriptions, with Revolutionary and War of 1812 records of the cemeteries of Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana Counties, Ohio, and Lawrence, Mercer and Beaver Counties, Pennsylvania, (Microfilm of typescript (590,  leaves; taken in 1907) at the State Library of Ohio, D.A.R. Collection, Columbus, Ohio.). FHL film 317511.
- Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.