Perry County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:14, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1 (<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1877--Some records were lost.
Places / Localities
- Civil War service men from Perry County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Perry County.
- - 7th Battalion, Mississippi Infantry
- Company B - Beauregard Defenders
- - 9th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company D - Stevens’ Company
- - 17th Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company F - Stevens’ Company
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).