Perry County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Perry County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Perry County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||November 16, 1820|
|Address|| Perry County Courthouse|
321 N Main Street
Perryville, MO 63775
Perry County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce, land, probate and court records;
County Recorder has marriage and military records; County Clerk
has birth and death records 1883-1893 and naturalization records
- See an interactive map of Perry County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Cape Girardeau
- Jackson County, Illinois
- Randolph County, Illinois
- St. Francois
- Ste. Genevieve
- Union County, Illinois
- Map of Perry County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Perry County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
The Lutheran Heritage Center and Museum
P.O. Box 53
75 Church Street
Altenburg, Missouri 63732
Daily 10:00am - 4:00 pm
You may also be interested in their tutorial, Building a German Genealogy Library, at the FamilySearch Learning Center.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Perry County, Missouri. Page 404 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).