Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration, 1938-1996 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
Perú, Cajamarca, Registro Civil
This Collection will include records from 1938 to 1996.
Copies of original civil registration records of births, marriages, and deaths from the department of Cajamarca in Peru. The original records are housed in the Archivo Regional de Lambayeque.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
- Municipal clerks in Cajamarca. Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration. Archivo Regional de Lambayeque, Peru.
Record ContentThe key genealogical facts found in most birth records are:
- Place of registration
- Name of child
- Date of birth
- Time of birth
- Place of birth
- Parents’ names and place of origin
- Paternal grandparents’ names and place of origin
- Maternal grandparents’ names and place of origin
- Place, date and parish of baptism
- Place and date of registration
- Name of groom
- Groom’s place of origin
- Groom’s age
- Groom’s marital status
- Groom’s occupation
- Name of bride
- Bride’s place of origin
- Bride’s age
- Bride’s marital status
- Place of their residence
- Parish name and date of their religious wedding
- Groom’s parents' names, their place of origin, and occupation of father
- Bride’s parents' names, their place of origin, and occupation of father
- Place and date of death
- Name of deceased person
- Deceased place of origin
- Deceased age at time of death
- Deceased marital status
- Deceased occupation
- Cause of death
- If deceased left a will
- Deceased place of residence
- Place of burial
- Parents’ names and their place of origin
- Father’s occupation
How to Use the Record
To search the collection select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒ Select the “Record”
⇒ Select the “Provincia”
⇒Select the “Distrito o municipalidad”
⇒ Select the "Tipo de registro y años" which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
When you have located your ancestor’s birth, marriage, or death record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about them. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors. For example:
- Use the date along with the place to find the family in church or other records.
- The parent’s birth places can tell you former residences and can help to establish a migration pattern for the family.
Related Wiki Articles
- Peru Church History
- Peru Civil Registration
- Peru, Lambayeque Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
"Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration, 1938-1996," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 27 June 2012), Cutervo > Cutervo > Nacimientos 1965-1966 > image 242 of 508; Emiliano Calderon Tello, born 3 January 1966; citing municipal clerks in Cajamarca. Peru, Cajamarca, Civil Registration.