If your ancestor was educated in the universities of Peru, he or she was recorded in the matriculation records of that school. The Family History Library has no matriculation records of schools and universities in Peru.
The older universities in Peru are:
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Peru, Lima (1917)
- Universidad Nacional de la Libertad, Trujillo (1824)
- Universidad de San Ignacio de Loyola, Lima (1622)
- Universidad Nacional de SanAgustín, Arequipa (1827)
- Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad, Cuzco (1692)
- Universidad Nacional de San Simón,Cuzco (1826)
- Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima (1551)
- Universidad de San Cristobal de Huamanga, Ayacucho (1677)
- Universidad Técnica del Altiplano, Puno, (which was created from the ancient University of San Carlos (1856)).
Original records and any published versions of them may have been kept by the university. Following is the address of the oldest university in Lima:
- Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos
S/n Ciudad Universitaria