Peterborough County, Ontario
Ennismore Township was populated by the Peter Robinson Settlers, funded by the British government. The settlers (about 300)who came from the counties of Cork, Kerry and Tipperary Ireland in 1825. Each family was granted 70 acres. Ennismore was opened in 1829. Smith-Ennismore-Lakefield township was created in its current form on January 1, 2001, by amalgamating the formerly independent village of Lakefield with the township of Smith-Ennismore and part of the township of Douro-Dummer.
Cemeteries in Ennismore Township: St Martin's Pioneer Cemetery by the Lake, Skyline Road, Lot 12, Concession 4. St Martin's Cemetery, Tara Road. St Martin's Pioneer Cemetery, Lot 6, Concession 5