Photoduplication Services Discontinued
Do you qualify for photoduplication services?
What Photoduplication CANNOT do:
- Copy entire works.
- For copyrighted materials photoduplication can only provide copies of 10 pages or 10% whichever is LESS.
- Search a film or book to see if your ancestor is on it.
- The photoduplication team can only accept requests which have already been researched. Enough information must be included in the request so that photoduplication can go directly to the page or certificate being requested.
- If you are uncertain which page to order you may request copies of select pages from the index of a record. You can use this index to place a second order requesting the specific pages you need.
- Make copies of maps.
- Make copies of films or books which are available online.
- This includes films or books which are viewable at a local FamilySearch Center.
- Use links or URLs to determine which record is being requested.
PLEASE NOTE: Some books and films can only be viewed in a local FamilySearch or Family History Center. To find your nearest Family History Center, go to familysearch.org/locations where you can search for family history center locations throughout the world.
Digitized books or films
To find out if a film or book has been digitized:
- Go to www.familysearch.org
- Click Search, then click “Catalog”
- Enter the Film or Book number
If the film or book has been digitized, YOU CAN PRINT YOUR OWN COPIES if the printing of the image is not restricted
Books or films NOT digitized
How to request copies of records found in Films or Books that have NOT BEEN digitized:
WE WILL LIMIT YOUR REQUEST TO FIVE (5) REQUESTS PER MONTH. EACH REQUEST CAN CONTAIN ONLY ONE (1) IMAGE. Requests are processed in the order they are received. Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Please do not re-submit your request a second time if you do not hear from us immediately.
The following information is REQUIRED to enable the Photoduplication Team to locate the record and provide you with a copy:
- Film or Fiche number, item number.
- Name of individual you are researching.
- Title of record and name of parents, spouse, grantor, grantee, etc.
- Event type (Birth, Death or Marriage).
- The event date and place.
- Name of parish, the volume or page number, and the registration or Certificate Number.
- The state or country of origin
- Any other information that will be helpful in locating your record.
Make your request using the online form. Please click the green button to open it.
Please provide: your complete name, address, telephone number and e-mail address with each request. Please let us know if you are a new or a repeat patron and if your address, phone or email is new.
- Any incomplete requests will be returned to the patron for further information. There are too many requests and not enough staff to research request with incomplete or wrong information.
- If you live within fifty (50) miles of a Family History Center, please order the film and search for the information you are seeking.
All photoduplicates will be emailed.
There is NO CHARGE for photoduplication services e-mailed to you. We do not mail photocopies.
If you have any questions, please call866-406-1830.