Pickens County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Pickens County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 19, 1820|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Pickens County, Alabama
P O Box 460
Carrollton, Al 35447
Probate Judge has marriage probate and land records from 1876
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records 
1876 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Pickens County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Betty's World Genealogical information on Betty's Families of Abney, Boxley, Bradberry, Breazeale, Brown, Carter, Middleton, Norman, Pickens, Phillips, Stone, Summers, Tinsley, Wade, Wills/Wells, and General Andrew Pickens.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pickens County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pickens County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).