Pike County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Pike County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 17, 1821|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Pike County Alabama
120 W Church Street
P O Box 1147
Troy, Alabama 36081
Probate Judge has marriage, probate and land recrods from 1830
Birth Records 1881-1904 Death Records 1881-1891 and 1902-1905 
1828 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Pike County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
LDS Ward and Church Records
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pike County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pike County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).