Pike County, Georgia Genealogy
Guide to Pike County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Pike County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 9, 1822|
|Address|| Pike County Courthouse]|
PO Box 377
Zebulon, GA 30295-0377
Pike County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Places / Localities
Colonial courts kept some early probate records. From 1777 to 1798 and since 1852, the court of ordinary or register of probates has kept probate and guardianship records. The inferior court handled probate and guardianship matters from 1798 to 1852.
Content: Probate Records may give the decedent's date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, associates, relatives, and their place of residence.
Record types: Wills, estates, guardianships, naturalizations, marriage, adoption, and birth and death records (not all years).
- Wills, Book A, 1823-1829 (digital images) Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book B, 1829-1844 Georgia Pioneers
- 1840-1872 - Pike County Marriage Index 1840-1872. Batch M713511 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1873-1883 - Pike County Marriage Index 1873-1883. Batch M713512 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1883-1900 - Pike County Marriage Books A and B Index 1883-1900. Batch M713513 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1883-1900 - Pike County Marriage Books A and B Index 1883-1900. Batch M734972 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1883-1900 - Pike County Marriage Books A and B Index 1883-1900. Batch M735538 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pike County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pike County, Georgia. Page 159 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/53/Igigeorgiamz.pdf.