Pike County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:51, 28 February 2013 by Ericcharlesperazzo (Added infobox)
|Pike County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||Decemeber 14, 1818|
|County Seat||Bowling Green|
|Address|| Pike County Courthouse|
115 West Main Street
Bowling Green, Mo 63334
Pike County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Recorder of Deeds has land records from 1819 and
marriage records from 1825, Clerk Circuit Court
has court records
- See an interactive map of Pike County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Map of Pike County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Pike County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Pike County Genealogical Society
They have a number of resources available on their website that encompass the following:
- Churches and Cemeteries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pike County, Missouri. Page 404 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).