Pinal County, Arizona Genealogy
|Pinal County, Arizona|
Location in the state of Arizona
Location of Arizona in the U.S.
|Founded||February 1, 1875|
|Address|| Pinal County|
Superior Court Administration
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Family History Centers
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
Pinal County Courthouse
100 N Florence
Florence, AZ 85232
Clerk Superior Court has marriage, probate and court records from 1875
and divorce records from 1883; County Recorder has land records 
Arizona was part of New Spain until 1821, and then part of Mexico until 1846. Some records of early Arizona settlers may have been sent to an archives in Seville, Spain, or to archives in Mexico City.
Moreover, Arizona was part of the United States' New Mexico Territory from 1846 to 1863. In 1852 New Mexico Territory set up counties that stretched east and west including all the land that became part of Arizona. Present-day Pinal County, Arizona was once part of Socorro and Doña Ana counties in New Mexico. When Arizona was created in 1863, these former counties were dissolved within Arizona's borders and eventually new counties were formed.
If an ancestor lived in what is now Pinal County, Arizona between 1852 and 1863, first check for records in Pinal County. However, there is also a small chance that a few papers were recorded in a parent county's courthouse in Arizona (if any), or in the corresponding parent county in New Mexico.
|Adamsville||Chiapuk||Jackrabbit House||Parsons Grove||Smelter Town|
|Ak-Chin Village||Cochran||Kelvin||Price||Sombrero Butte|
|Apache Junction||Coolidge||Kohatk||Queen Valley||Sonora|
|Arizola||Cooper Creek||La Palma||Randolph||South Santan|
|Bapchule||Eleven Mile Corner||Mammoth||Red Rock||Superior|
|Blackwater||Enid||Maricopa Wells||Riverside||Tat Momoli|
|Branaman||Florence Junction||North Komelik||Sacaton||Toltec|
|Burns||Fordville||North Mammoth||Sacaton Flats||Troy|
|Cactus Forest||Friendly Corners||Oak Wells||San Manuel||Vaiva Vo|
|Campo Bonito||Gold Camp||Olberg||Santa Cruz||Valley Farms|
|Casa Blanca||Hayden Junction||Oracle||Santan||Wymola|
|Casa del Oro||Heaton||Oracle Junction||Shopishk||Youngberg|
|Casa Grande||Highjinks||Palm Springs||Sif Vaya|
For tips on accessing Pinal County, Arizona Genealogy census records online, see: Arizona Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- 1,521 marriages from 15 Nov 1874 to 19 Apr 1916 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
- Pinal County, Arizona Obituary Collection From GenealogyBuff.com ~ Free. Obits and death notices from Various Funeral Homes in the Apache Junction and Gold Canyon areas
Societies and Libraries
Casa Grande Valley Historical Society
110 W. Florence Blvd.
Casa Grande, AZ 85222
Hours 1-5 M-Sat.
Coolidge Historical Society
161 West Harding Avenue
P.O. Box 1186
Coolidge, Arizona 85228
Hours Sunday 1:00 P.M. –
4:00 P.M. and by request
Pinal County Historical Society
715 S. Main Street
Florence, AZ 85232
Hours 11-4 Tues.-Sat.; 12-4 Sun
Oracle Historical Society
825 E. Mt. Lemmon Rd.
Oracle, AZ 85623
Hours 1-5 Sat. & Sun.
Superior Historical Society
300 Main Street
Superior, AZ 85273
Hours 10-2 Weds., Thurs., Sat.; 11-3 Sun.
Family History Centers
San Manuel 1st Arizona
1002 N McNab Pkwy
San Manuel, Pinal, Arizona, United States
These are not mailing addresses. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pinal County, Arizona Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pinal County, Arizona p. 56. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 26. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 X2th.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).