Pinxton, Derbyshire Genealogy
Pinxton, St Helena, is an Ancient Parish in the Bolsover District of Derbyshire. Part of the parish boundary forms the eastern boundary of Derbyshire with neighbouring Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire and Selston with Underwood and Westwood, Nottinghamshire.There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
This area was in the Mansfield registration district from 1837; for registration district history Mansfield registration district and subsequent transfer to Basford registration district Apply for certificates to:
The Register Office
Phone 0115 927 1294
Fax 0115 977 1845
Lichfield Record Office has deposited Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1673-1868 Mar 1673-1856 Burials 1673-1868
Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records.
Family History Library film numbers in their collection Pinxton
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241297.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Derbyshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above..
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 571-573. Date accessed: 24 May 2013.