Pleasant Grove Utah Grove Creek Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Anyone is welcome to visit our center. We specifically serve four Pleasant Grove LDS stakes: Grove Creek, Timpanogos, Garden and Pleasant Grove. Our director is Rayanne Melick who can be reached at 1-801-796-8805 (or firstname.lastname@example.org) for tours or special appointments.
Location & Map:
- Address: 1176 N 730 E, PLEASANT GROVE, UTAH 84062
- Enter through Southwest entrance. The Family History Center is the second door to the left. If the outside door is locked, knock on the far west window to alert the consultant you are there.
- Location on Map
- Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00 am-Noon and 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Sunday: 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Calendar and Events
January 26, 2013: Family History Expo at the Grove Creek Stake Center. See address above. All are welcome!
Jan 10th Introduction and Inspiration
Jan 17th Lesson 1—The Purpose of Temple and Family History Work
Jan 24th Lesson 2—Getting Started
Jan 31st Lesson 3—Gathering Information from Home
Feb 7th Lesson 4—Recording Family History Information
Feb 14th Lesson 5—Gathering Information from Family
Feb 21st Lesson 6—Gathering Information from Public Records
Feb 28th Lesson 7—Providing Temple Ordinances
March 7th Bonus 1—Search Techniques and Best Practices
March 14th Bonus 2-Cemeteries, Obituaries, and Newspapers
March 21st Bonus 3-Immigration & Naturalization
March 28th Bonus 4-Family Tree Sources & Corrections
These classes are at 7:00 pm, followed by a hands-on workshop at 8:00 pm.
Get individual help with research and all of your family history questions at the workshop. Everyone is welcome regardless of skill level.
Feb 5th A Spiritual Endeavor
Feb 12th Family Tree Intro
Feb 19th How & Where to Start
Feb 26th Beginning Research
These classes are at 7:00 pm, followed by a hands-on workshop at 8:00 pm. Get individual help with research and all of your family history questions at the workshop. Everyone is welcome regardless of skill level.
Purposes of Center Resources:
1. Provide Family History Consultation to local members, other local residents, and more distant
individuals and organizations.
2. Provide a means to order and to read fiche and microfilm from the Family History Library.
3. Support members in compiling their 4 generation pedigrees.
4. Support members who choose to research their families beyond 4 generations.
5. Provide support, materials and guides to local sources foir writing stories (histories) of pioneers and other local people.
6. Support and coordinate indexing of local family history records.
7. Cooperate with other local record keeping, historical and lineage organizations
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Catalog of holdings of the Center
- Books - 1. General genealogic textbooks
- 2. Reference books - Gazetteers, dictionaries
- 3. Genealogic data sources - Black's book on Nauvoo people
- 4. Indexes - Index to people in the Pleasant Grove Review
- Fiche - General topics as supplied by the FHL
- 1. Pleasant Grove Burials.
- 2. Early Pleasant Grove LDS Membership Records.
- 3. Micro-film copies of early Pleasant Grove newpaper - Pleasant Grove Review.
- 4. Burials and early LDS Memberhip records for nearby areas of Northern Utah County.
- 5. Scattered records for other places in Utah.
- 6. A few records for other US states.
- 7. International films depend on the interests of patrons. Some examples are from Germany, Switzerland and Italy (click here for list of films on permanent loan)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Personal Family History Programs
- 1. Rootsmagic
- 2. Legacy
- 3. Anccestral Quest
- 4. PAF
- 5. Family Insight
- 6. No Mac programs are in the center
Hardware and Equipment
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
8 computers :
4 microfilm readers :
2 fiche readers :
2 bw printers, one with scanning capability [note: we do not have the ability to print from microfilm or microfiche, however you can bring a digital camera]
Staff Research Specialties
Staff includes individuals who have expertize in German research and computer internet research techniques. Local volunteers are also available with expertize in Italian and Scandinavian research.
Resources in the Local Area
Ability to interface with local DUP Camps.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)