Pleasants County, West Virginia Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
301 Court Lane #101
Saint Mary's WV 26170
- County Clerk has birth, marriage death & probate1853
- Land Records from 1851;
- Clerk Circuit Court divorce and court records
See an interactive map of Pleasants County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
The Pleasants County website of West Virginia GenWeb offers a listing of county cemeteries, with beautiful photographs of the cemeteries, and transcriptions of the burials found therein.
For tips on accessing Pleasants County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us in indexing the 1940 Census
West Virgina,Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
West Virginia Will Books
- "A Guide to the Counties of Virginia: Pleasants County," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 20, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1976):209-210. Available at FHL; digital version at New England Ancestors ($).
Pleasants County WV Gen Web: The Pleasants County West Virginia website for US GenWeb is host to may excellent transcriptions of county records, including of Pleasants Co Birth Records from 1853-1891 from the LDS Family History Film #0163911, with only a couple of years missing
There are also marriage records available, from 1853 to 1931, transcribed from both LDS film #0163911 and from courthouse record.
Complying with the law enacted in 1853, Pleasants County deaths were recorded and transcriptions are available at this site also.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).