For a Polish language version of this page see also Polska.feedback are essential!
Getting started with Poland research
- There is a site for digitized books of Silesia. These books are mostly in German and Polish and you can download them to your computer.
- See also digitized books of Poznan.
- Poznan Marriage Indexing Project.
- Online tutorials: Polish Research including help "Reading Polish Handwritten Records".
- Geneteka Database Church Registers Indexing Project
- Pomeranian Genealogical Association Pomeranian church books
- Pomeranian Genealogical Association Pomeranian cemeteries
- Poznan Marriage Indexing Project
- Roman Catholic Church Registers Online
- Church Registers Indexing - Lublin region
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- Roman Catholic Church Books (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Poland, Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church Books (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Beginning Polish Research
- Boundary Changes
- Civil Registration Office Address Finder
- Counties of Poland 1999
- Emigration Records of Europe
- Join the Facebookor Skype Poland Genealogy Research Community
- Gazetteers and Maps Online
- Holdings of the Polish State Archives
- Kartenmeister - German/Polish Place Name Conversion
- Letter Writing Guide
- Polish Research Outline
- Postal codes
- Parish Finding Aid Use correct Polish diacritical marks.
- Poland Genealogical Word List
Did you know?
Extensive extraction of Catholic Church records for the parishes of Medrzechow, Kupienin and Samocice, Poland have been completed and are available. For more information see the Polish Parish Extraction Project page.
Who are the Kashubians? The Kashubians Wiki page has more about this ethnic group.
News and Events
Finding records of your ancestors, Poland 1808 to 1900 is a color publication showing how to find records of a family who lived in Poland from 1808 to 1900. It tells you which records to use and how to search them. It also introduces you to the research tools you will need. A case study illustrates each step of the research process.
(Help Wanted) In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: