|Poland Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Getting Started with Poland Research
Links to articles on getting started with Poland research.
Poland Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Poland research.
Poland is currently divided into 16 provinces known as voivodeships (Polish: województwa, singular województwo).
- Greater Poland Voivodeship (wielkopolskie)
- Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship (kujawsko-pomorskie)
- Lesser Poland Voivodeship (małopolskie)
- Łódź Voivodeship (łódzkie)
- Lower Silesian Voivodeship (dolnośląskie)
- Lublin Voivodeship (lubelskie)
- Lubusz Voivodeship (lubuskie)
- Masovian Voivodeship (mazowieckie)
- Opole Voivodeship (opolskie)
- Podlaskie Voivodeship (podlaskie)
- Pomeranian Voivodeship (pomorskie)
- Silesian Voivodeship (śląskie)
- Subcarpathian Voivodeship (podkarpackie)
- Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship (świętokrzyskie)
- Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship (warmińsko-mazurskie)
- West Pomeranian Voivodeship (zachodniopomorskie)
More Poland Research Strategies
Research strategies give guidance on how to research or what records to search for first. Below are additional research strategy Wiki articles for the Poland.
- Finding records of your ancestors, Poland 1808 to 1900
- Handbooks and Guides for Poland Research
- Reference Aids Overview at the Family History Library
More Poland Research Tools
Research tools can include resources that assist in locating correct records to search and determining the correct locality to search in. Below are links and Wiki articles to research tools in the Poland.
- Civil Registration Office Finder
- Family History Library Research Outline - Many links out-of-date
- Gazetteers and Maps Online
- Poland Poznan Marriage Indexing Project
- Poland Parish links
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Search page
- Poland Historical Geography
- Research in Prussian Poland
- Research in Poland - Parts 1 and 2
- Kartenmeister.com Finding Places in the Former German Area of Poland
- Finding Places in the Former German Areas of Poland Using the Online Gazetteer Kartenmeister.com
- Reading Polish Handwritten Records
- Lesson 1: Polish Letters
- Lesson 2: Polish Words and Dates
- Lesson 3: Reading Polish Records
- Polish Community Newspapers in North America and Poland
- Poland and Galicia Jewish Research: A Template for East European Research - Parts 1 and 2
- Wikipedia contributors, "Poland," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland, accessed 23 March 2016.