Portsmouth Family History Centre, Hampshire Genealogy
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Centre covers the South Hampshire/Chichester area including Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester and Chichester.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: Kingston Crescent, North End, Portsmouth PO2 8AQ
- This is part of the building across the road from Portsmouth Police Station.
- Turn down Gamble Road by the pizza shop then first right into Garfield Road and you will find the car park on your right. There is a bell next to the back door to ring for access, and the phone number.
- Location on Map
Phone: 02392-696243. If no answer, try mobile 07940-502241.
Open Hours: Reopening 30 January 2013. Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays 10am-1pm
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This includes Ancestry.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have four computers, four microfilm readers, a microfiche reader, printer and scanner.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)