Portugal, Castelo Branco, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Portugal, Castelo Branco, Catholic Church Records, 1714-1911 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Known Issues with This Collecton
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 Contributions to This Article
- 9 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
Portugal, Castelo Branco, Registros da Igreja Católica
This Collection will include records from 1714 to 1911.
Copies of baptism, marriage, and burial records created by Catholic parishes in the district of Castelo Branco. Additional images will be published as they become available.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Catholic Parishes in Castelo Branco. Portugal, Castelo Branco, Catholic Church Records. Dioceses in Castelo Branco, Portugal.
Key genealogical information found in most baptismal records:
- Date and place of the event
- Name of the person baptized
- Gender and date of birth or age
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents’ names and residence or places of origin
- Names of the paternal and maternal grandparents
- Names of the godparents
Key genealogical information found in most marriage records:
- Date and place of the event
- Names of the bride and groom
- Sometimes their civil statuses (widowed, single, divorced) at the time of the event
- Places of origin or residence of the bride and groom
- Parents’ names and their civil statuses
- Names of the witnesses
Key genealogical information found in most deaths records:
- Place and date where the person died
- Name of the deceased
- Civil status and name of the spouse, if married at the time of death
- Place of burial
- Parents’ names
- Cause of death
How to Use the Record
To search this collection select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page ⇒Select the Distrito where you ancestors lived
⇒Select the appropriate Município
⇒Select the appropriate Freguesia
⇒Select the appropriate Paróquia
⇒Select the record type, and you will see images of those records.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
When browsing this collection it is helpful to know the following:
- The place where the event occurred
- The name and surname of the person
- The approximate date of the event
- The name of the parents or spouse
Known Issues with This Collecton
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
“Portugal, Castelo Branco, Catholic Church Records, 1714-1911,” images, FamilySearch (https://ds.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-29383-860-49?cc=2013604&wc=MMMS-CD4:475141853: accessed 10 July, 2012), Castelo Branco > Castelo Branco > Cebolais de Cima > Nossa Senhora dos Prazeres > Batismos 1899 > image 16 of 21 images, Anna, 1899; citing Paróquia de Castelo Branco, Castelo Branco, Portugal.