Portugal, Coimbra, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
Registro Civil de Coimbra, Portugal
Copies of civil registration marriage and death records housed at the Arquivo da Universidade de Coimbra in Portugal. Additional images will be published as they become available.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Coimbra Province clerks. Portugal, Coimbra, civil registration. Archives of the University of Coimbra, Portugal.
The key genealogical facts found in most birth records are:
- Place and date of registration
- Informant's name, age and residence
- Child's name
- Place and date of birth
- Parents' names
The key genealogical facts found in most marriage records are:
- Place and date of registration
- Name of groom
- Groom’s place of origin and residence
- Groom’s age
- Groom’s marital status
- Name of bride
- Bride’s place of origin and residence
- Bride’s age
- Bride’s marital status
- Groom’s parents' names and their place of origin
- Bride’s parents' names and their place of origin
The key genealogical facts found in most death records are:
- Place and date of death
- Name of deceased person
- Deceased place of origin
- Deceased age at time of death
- Deceased marital status, name of spouse if married
- Cause of death
- Deceased place of residence
- Place of burial
- Parents’ names and their place of origin
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "Distrito" category
⇒ Select the "Município" category
⇒ Select the "Tipo de registro e anos" category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Related Wiki Articles
- Portugal, Coimbra Testament Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Portugal, Diocese of Coimbra Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in a Historical Record Collection
|This citation example isn't from this collection. You can help by replacing this example with a citation for a record found in this collection.|
“Argentina, Buenos Aires, Catholic Church Records, 1635-1981,” images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 28 February, 2012), La Plata > San Ponciano > Matrimonios 1884-1886 > image 71 of 389 images, Artemio Avendano and Clemtina Peralta, 1884; citing Parroquia de San Ponciano en la Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Matrimonios. San Ponciano, La Plata, Buenos Aires.