Portugal, Coimbra, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Portugal, Coimbra, Civil Registration, 1911-1980 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
Registro Civil de Coimbra, Portugal
Copies of civil registration marriage and death records housed at the Arquivo da Universidade de Coimbra in Portugal. The text of the records is in Portuguese. Additional images will be published as they become available.
Birth records may contain the following:
- Place and date of registration
- Informant's name, age and residence
- Child's name
- Place and date of birth
- Parents' names
Marriage records may contain the following:
- Place and date of registration
- Name of groom
- Groom’s place of origin and residence
- Groom’s age
- Groom’s marital status
- Name of bride
- Bride’s place of origin and residence
- Bride’s age
- Bride’s marital status
- Groom’s parents' names and their place of origin
- Bride’s parents' names and their place of origin
Death records may contain the following:
- Place and date of death
- Name of deceased person
- Deceased place of origin
- Deceased age at time of death
- Deceased marital status, name of spouse if married
- Cause of death
- Deceased place of residence
- Place of burial
- Parents’ names and their place of origin
How to Use the Record
Search the Collection
To browse the collection by image:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "District" category
⇒ Select the "Municipality" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Portuguese. For help reading the records, see the following resources:
- Portuguese Genealogical Word List
- Portuguese Letter-writing Guide
- Learning Center Resources:
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation for This Collection
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Portugal, Coimbra, Civil Registration, 1911-1980.|
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Portugal, Coimbra, Civil Registration, 1911-1980." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Arquivo da Universidade de Coimbra.