Powerstock with West Milton, Dorset Genealogy
Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Powerstock like this:
POORSTOCK, a village and a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset. The village stands on an affluent of the river Brit, near the Brid port railway, 4 miles N E of Brid port. The parish includes the tythings of West Milton, Mappercombe, Nettlescombe, South Poorton, Witherston, and part of Loscombe.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
|1813-1906||Ancestry|| 1754, 1790
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241337.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Dorset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- Wilson, John M., Imperial Gazetteer of England Wales, publ. London and Edinburgh: 1870
- Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-2001, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- 'Search Marriage Records in Dorset,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 24 June 2012.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 5 July 2012.