Prentiss County, Mississippi Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Prentiss County Courthouse
PO Box 477;
Booneville, MS 38829-0477
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce, probate
and court records from 1870 and land records
from 1836. Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records. 
1912--Some records were lost.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Prentiss County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Prentiss County
- Map showing Civil war battles in Mississippi.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Prentiss County, Mississippi page 382, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services Civil War Battle Summaries by State(accessed 2 Aug 2012