Preston County, West Virginia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:23, 15 October 2011 by Sandralpond (add links to FHC)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
See an interactive map of Preston County boundary changes.
1869--The courthouse burned.
Places / Localities
- [Wotring] Bell, Raymond Martin and Mabel Ghering Granquist et al. The Wotring-Woodring Family of Pennsylvania. 3rd ed. Washington, Pa., 1968. Digital version at Family History Archives; FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 2243.
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital versions at U.S. Census Bureau and Google Books et. al. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Western District, Preston County on page 136.]
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Virginia section begins on page 238.]
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).