Prince William Parish, South Carolina
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:59, 21 January 2011 by Murphynw (image)
Prince William's Parish serves Beaufort County, South Carolina.
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders Prince George Dorchester and Prince Frederick parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide: Prince William County, available online, courtesy: South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
Church Records and History
- Sheldon Church, Prince Williams Parish, Beaufort, South Carolina Births or Christenings 1825-1873. FHL Collection 975.7 B2s v. 56-57; Index: FHL Collection 821 Item 15; also indexed in the IGI
- Sheldon Church, Prince Williams Parish, Beaufort, South Carolina Marriages 1826-1876. FHL Collection 975.7 B2s v. 57; Index: FHL Collection 1002591 Item 12; also indexed in the IGI
- Todd, John Reynard and Francis Marion Huston. Prince William's Parish and Plantations. Richmond, Va.: Garrett & Massie, 1935. FHL Collection 975.79 H2t
- Bowers, Gloria Cook Jones. Southern Cousins: Cook, Fennell, and Related Families of Prince William's Parish, South Carolina. Varnville, S.C.: G. Bowers, 1991. FHL Collection 929.273 C771bg
- "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.