Prior's Heys, Cheshire Genealogy
Prior's Heys (formerly Pryor's Hayes) was an extra-parochial place in Eddisbury Hundred (Map Grid SJ 5166), which became a civil parish in 1858
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Here is a list of the districts that have included Priors Heys since 1837, with dates of inclusion:
- Great Boughton (1837-1870)
- Chester (1870-1937)
- West Chester (1937-present)
Since Prior's Heys was extra-parochial, you should search neighbouring parishes. To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click 'Options' and click 'List contiguous parishes.'
- Tarvin, St. Andrew (C of E) has been the parish church for Prior's Heys since 1964.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241237.
Before 1858, records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were probated by the ecclesiastical court with jurisdiction over this place. Go to Cheshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place. Here some online gazetteers and maps for England.
- UK & Ireland Genealogy Genuki
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.