Providence County, Rhode Island Genealogy
|Providence County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Founded||June 16, 1729|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Clickable Town Map
- 5 Resources
- 6 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 7 Websites
- 8 References
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
Named for the Divine Providence.
16 June 1729: Renamed Providence County. 
1703: Formed as Providence Plantations County.
- Lost census: 1890
Places / Localities
Clickable Town Map
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records (Rural)
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
There are several different kinds of naturalization and citizenship records. The Family History Library has naturalization petitions and declarations of intentions. A person could go to several different courts to create these documents so it is important to check all of the records during the applicable time period. The earliest naturalization records that the Family History Library has begin in 1793.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- The Providence County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Providence County.
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Providence County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].