Provo Utah Grandview East Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
'Welcome 'to our Family History Center, sponsored by:
- The Provo Utah Grandview Stake
- The Provo Utah Grandview East Stake
- The Provo Utah Grandview South Stake
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1080 N 850 W., Provo, UT
- Entrance and parking located on the East side of the building. Press the bell
- Location on Google Map
- Tuesdays: 10am until 9pm
- Wednesdays: 6pm until 9pm
- Thursdays: 10am until 9pm
- Closed during July
- Closed from Thanksgiving until the New Year.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Approximately 350 rolls of microfilm on extended loan. 60+ books, a large number of microfiche, maps and numerous other genealogical research aids.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 15 Computers
- 3 Micro-film readers
- 3 Micro-fiche readers
- 2 Printers
- 1 Copier
Orientation classes and tours by request.
- Specialized research classes by request.
- Friendly, well trained volunteers.
|Link||What you will find|
|FamilySearch|| 1. Family Tree - browse the tree; find people in the tree; inspect and modify information about people and relationships;
2. Photos, stories, documents - attach photos and stories to people in the tree; 3. Search historical documents - search indexed historical records or browse images of unindexed records; 4. Prepare names for temple ordinances - identify and select people to receive ordinances; print family ordinance requests;
|Familysearch Catalog Catalog Beta||Search for books and films at the family history library|
|FamilySearch Blog||News and information about new features; achievements; tips;|
|Familysearch Wiki||Research articles about many aspects of family history;|
|FamilySearch Partner Products||List of third-party genealogy products that work with FamilySearch|
|Familysearch Indexing|| 1. Overview - take a test drive; create an account; download and install the software; indexing news articles;
2. Projects - find information about any active project; 3. Help resources - instructions; tutorials; FAQs;
|Family History Books||More than 100,000 digitized genealogy and family history publications from the archives of some of the most important family history libraries in the world|
|Utah South Area Family History Training Center||Resources and classes available at the Orem FamilySearch Center|
|Riverton FamilySearch Library||Resources available at the Riverton FamilySearch Library|
|BYU Family History Library||Resources available at the BYU library|
|Mormon pioneer overland travel||Pioneer names, companies, journals, and other information about the pioneer migration to Salt Lake Valley between 1847 and 1868|
|Pioneer migration from Europe||Pioneer names, ages, origins, ports of departure and arrival 1840-1932|
|The Winter Quarters Project||Pioneer biographies, deaths, settlements and other information about the saints in Southwestern Iowa, 1846-1853|
|Early Latter-day Saints||Information about early members of the Church|
|Western States Marriage records index||Index of nearly 1 million marriage records extracted from the 12 western states|
|Utah State Research||Research wiki page for the state of Utah|
|Utah County Research||Research wiki page for Utah county|
|Provo, Utah Research||Research wiki page for Provo, Utah|