Provo Utah South Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Provo Utah South Family History Center
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
- Address: 835 S 500 W, Provo, UT 84601
- The Family History Center entrance is located on the east side of the building.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: (1st and 4th) 11:30am - 2pm, (2nd and 3rd) 1:30pm -2:30 pm and (All weeks) 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Thursday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Friday: 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am-12:00pm
- Sunday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Dates the FHC will be closed due to holidays or other events:
|Valentines Day (evening)|
Calendar and Events
All classes begin at 8:00pm
Sunday February 12: Beginning to Research - Using the Search Function at FamilySearch.org Sunday February 19: Research Principles Sunday February 26: Helping Others and Getting Help Sunday March 5: Indexing - Getting Started Sunday March 12: Using Google to Connect Generations Sunday March 19: Technology in Family History Sunday March 26: Arbitrating as Part of Indexing Sunday, April 2: Cemetery Research
Staff Training Meetings
- Our Staff Training Meetings are to be determined.
- Our Center Trainer is Sister Nancy Hugo
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: -- Native American Specialty Books
- Family History Activities and Games: Puzzles, FH Jenga, FH Memory Game, FH Shoots and Ladders, FH related storybooks for children, Coloring Sheets and more!
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Roots Magic
Hardware and Equipment
- 11 Computers
- 2 Microfilm readers
- 1 Microfiche/microfilm reader/printer
- 1 Printer/scanner
- 1 smart TV
- 1 Sony camera/video system
- 1 Cassette tape to USB MP3 Converter (can also do records)
- 1 Audio digital recorder
Staff Research Specialties:
- Sister Sara Taylor - Temple and Family History Consultant - Center
- Brother Matthew Taylor - Temple and Family History Consultant - Center
- Sister Keri Wahl - Temple and Family History Consultant - Center Assistant
- Sister Nancy Hugo- Family History Center Trainer
- Brother Alan Groves- Provo South Stake High Councilman- Family History
Resources in the Local Area
- BYU Family History Library
- Stevenson Genealogy
- Provo City Cemetery
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ProvoSouthFHC
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering at the Provo South Stake Family History Center we would love to have you and invite you to contact for further information and direction. You do not need any advanced knowledge of Family History to be a volunteer. We will train and prepare you to serve in the Family History Center.