Provo Utah Sunset Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Provo Utah Sunset Family History Center is sponsored and supported by the Provo Sunset LDS Stake. Housed in the Provo Sunset 5th and 10th Wards building, we have five computers, each equipped with Internet access to premium sites through the Family History Portal. Wireless Internet is also available for those who have their own laptops.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 1402 South 570 West Provo, Utah 84601
- Use the the South West entance
- Ring bell on the right side of the door if the building is locked and the center is open
- Link to map: Provo Utah Sunset Family History Center
Phone: (801) 370-6844
Sundays: 9 -11 AM & 12:15 -4 PM (wards may be holding Family History classes in the center at these times.)
Tuesday: 9 AM -12 PM & 6 PM - 8 PM
Wedensday: 9 AM -12 PM & 6 PM - 8 PM
Thursday: 9 AM -12 PM & 6 PM - 8 PM
Friday: 9 AM -11 AM
- Closed conference and holidays
- Closed Dec 18, 2011 thru Jan 2, 2012.
Calendar and Events
September 10, 2011 The Sunset 10th Ward will be hosting a Family History Fair will be from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Attendees can stay until 5:00 PM if they want additional visits to the booths and displays.
Location: 1402 S 570 W Provo, Utah
Adults and youth 12 and over are invited.
Some sessions will be held in classrooms, others at stations in the cultural hall.
Staff Training Meetings
4th Sunday of the month at 6 PM
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has five computers, 3 microfilm readers, 2 micrfiche readers, 2 laser printers and 1 microforms printer/reader
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
Utah Genealogical Association
FamilyTree @ FamilySearch.org (New.familysearch)
Volunteer at the Center
Whether LDS Church member or not, we are always looking for qualified volunteers to staff our Center. Shifts are about three hours in length:
If you are interested in serving with us,contact the center for more information.
Adding details to a FHC page article.