Queen City Texas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Queen City Texas Family History Center is actually located in Atlanta, Texas, about 6 miles west of the point where Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas meet and serves a large geographic area. The center has a collection of more than 900 microfilms and several hundred microfiche on extended loan. Records from Alabama and Georgia are highlighted, as many of the early residents of this area came from those states. A small collection of local and family histories and cemetery surveys is also available.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map
Address 1806 South Boggie Street, Atlanta,Texas
- This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- The center is located in the building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Boggie Street is Farm Road 1841 and the building is about 2 blocks south of Texas Highway 77. The entrance to the Family History Center is on the south side of the building. There is a bell to alert the staff to greet you.
- Location on Map
Phone: 903-796-5376 (Call during Family History Center hours)
- Tuesday 10 am-5 pm
- Saturday 10 am- 1 pm
- Call in case of inclement weather
- Closed Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend
- Closed July 4
- Closed the first Saturday in April and October
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last two weeks of December
- Other sporadic closings through the year
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers with Internet access.
- Laser printer
- 2 Microfilm readers, one with copying capability.
- 4 microfiche readers and a copier are also available.
- There is a small charge for printing and copying.
- A number of useful forms are also available.
Resources in the Local Area
Atlanta Public Library, 101 West Hiram Street, Atlanta, Texas 75551
The Family History Center of this library has a large collection of scarce documents and books which are of special interest to members of the Cass County Genealogical Society. Members of the Society are usually available to assist patrons. The Genealogy section of the library website has additional information about these materials.