Rainy River District: Populated Places Tables
HOW EACH COLUMN HELPS YOU WITH YOUR RESEARCH:
1. POPULATED PLACE column: names the "populated place" or "location" of interest.
2. FORMER NAME, if applicable column: if the location was known by another name, it is listed here (a year of name change is given, if known).
3. TYPE column: gives type of location (i.e. village, town, city, etc.) - the size definition varies per province.
4. FHL CATALOG column: links the "catagories of sources" available in the Family History Library for this populated place or location.
5. WIKIPEDIA column: like WIKI, gives background information regarding this location.
6. GOOGLE MAPS column: shows the whereabouts of this location on a map.
7. GOOGLE IMAGES column: shows pictures/photos/old maps (sometimes) of this location.
8. WORLDCAT.ORG column: shows sources from other libraries/repositories, etc. for this location.
9. CURRENT DIVISION LINK, where applicable column: helps in knowing the current changes of this location's jurisidiction - see "Note" below.
NOTE: Listed below are the Populated Places in this district, according to the "Gazetteer of Canada: Ontario" gazetteer of 1962 (see footnote below the table). This gazetteer is used for the sources of locations or Populated Places in the Family History Library Catalog for the Province of Ontario.
If you wish the current division, where your Populated Place now exists; click on the "Link" below in the "Current Division Link, where applicable" column.
So, this table lists your Populated Place in this district, as it is listed in the FHL catalog, as well as gives you the link to its current jurisdiction.
|FORMER NAME, if applicable||TYPE||
| CURRENT DIVISION LINK, where applicable |
|ANY NEW LOCATIONS IN FHL CATALOG???||Link|
1 - "Gazetteer of Canada - Ontario," FHL US/CANADA 971.3 E5c. Published by Geographical Branch, Dept. of Mines and Technical Surveys, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 1962.