Rainy River District, Ontario
- 1 Getting Started
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1. What information do you wish to locate about your ancestor? To choose the sources you need to search first, please click on RECORD SELECTION TABLE: Ontario , which will help you decide.
2. From the above Record Selection Table, which sources do you wish to check in this county? To check the availability of your sources of interest as well as to check the websites that have them online, please click on this county's SOURCES LINKS TABLE .
3. Do you know the location that you wish to search in this county? If so, please check for some possible sources and some online information about your location of interest, by clicking on this county's POPULATED PLACES TABLE .
4. For further information regarding your sources of interest, see "4 Resources" ABOVE in the "CONTENTS" table and click on the source of interest.
Remember that you should always try to get an original copy of that source to verify information.
Please be aware that this is a growing Pilot program, with new information being added on a regular basis.
NOTE: If you would like to participate in contributing information into this WIKI program, please go to the "Create a New Page" section of this screen, and follow the guidelines.
WELCOME ABOARD! More sharers of information = more information available for everyone!
A dispute between Ontario and Manitoba was resolved in 1884 by the Privy Council of Britain, when it upheld an arbitration decision made in 1878.
| A - B - C
|| D - E - F - G - H - K - L
|| M - N - P
|| R - S - T - W
At this time, please read about Biographies in the Province of Ontario Resources - Biography.
At this time, please read about Cemeteries in the Province of Ontario Resources - Cemeteries .
- Google Maps - [Rainy River]
- Atikokan Centennial Museum - Burns, Atikokan, Ontario P0T 1C0 Telephone: (807) 597-6585
- Emo Women's Institute - Highway 11, Emo, Ontario P0W 1E0 Telephone: (807) 482-2007 (open May to September)
- Fort Frances Museum (Government Museum) - 259 Scott Street, Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 1G8 Telephone: (807) 274-7891; Curator: Pamela Hawley
- Kay-Nah-Chi-Wah-Nung - Stratton, Ontario P0W 1N0 Telephone: (807) 483-1163
Newspapers and Obituaries
Societies and Libraries
Family History Library Catalog
- Parish Registers
- Indexes to the 1901 census of the northwestern Ontario districts of Thunder Bay, Rainy River, Kenora