Raleigh County, West Virginia Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
215 Main Street
Beckley, WV 25801
- County Clerk has birth, marriage, death records form 1850
- Clk Cir Ct has div and ct records
See an interactive map of Raleigh County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Raleigh County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us in indexing the 1940 Census
- Turner, David Anderson. Families of Raleigh County, (West) Virginia: The 1850 Census Annotated. Madison, W.Va.: D.A. Turner, 1982. Available online, courtesy: Prince William County Virginia website.
- [Webb] Turner, Ronald Ray. Webb Families of the Virginias. 2007. Available online, courtesy: Raleigh County West Virginia GenWeb.
West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Turner, Ronald Ray. 7th West Virginia Cavalry. Manassas, Va.: R.R. Turner, 1989. Available online, courtesy: Raleigh County West Virginia GenWeb. [Includes biographical sketches of soldiers from Raleigh County.]
West Virgina, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
West Virginia Will Books
- Turner, Ronald Ray. Raleigh County, West Virginia Marriages 1850-1911. 1984. Available online, courtesy: Raleigh County West Virginia GenWeb.
- Turner, Ronald Ray. Raleigh County West Virginia Marriages From Other Counties. Available online, courtesy: Prince William County Virginia website.
Societies and Libraries
- Raleigh County Family History Hall of Fame
"May we preserve their memories & Contributions!"
Please write about deceased historians & Genealogist!
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers. The closest family history centers are in the Huntington Family History Center and the Charleston Family History Center
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).