Ramsey County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Ramsey County Courthouse
15 Kellogg Blvd W;
St. Paul, MN 55102
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1850,
divorce and court records from 1900
and probate records from 1849.
Historical Society has court records
1858-1899 and land records. 
1849--Ramsey County was created 27 October 1849 from old St. Croix County in Wisconsin Territory.
County seat: St. Paul 
- For a brief history of how Ramsey County was named, click here, then select Ramsey County.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Paul
- Fold3.com ($) has Minneapolis City Directories 1865-1923 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
- Fold3.com ($) has St. Paul City Directories 1863-1924 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
Civil War service men from Ramsey County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Ramsey County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Company G.
- - 1st Battalion, Minnesota Infantry Volunteers, Company A.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and F.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Heavy Artillery, Companies G and H.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies B, D, F, G, H, I and K.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company A.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies E, G, and K.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies D, E, F, and I.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and G.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company H.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies H and K.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies H and K.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies A and C.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies A and D.
- - 2nd Minnesota Company Sharpshooters, Second Company only.
The appeal . : (Saint Paul, Minn. ;) 1889-19?? African-American newspaper. More than 1,500 issues between 1889 and 1922 have been digitized and are fully searchable on-line at the Library of Congress, Chronicling America website.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Ramsey County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ramsey County Genealogy (Minnesota Genealogy)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ramsey County, Minnesota page 367, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).