Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Randolph County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1832|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Randolph County Courthouse
P O Box 249
Wedowee, Al 36278
Courthouse burned 1897, records destroyed
Probate Judge has birth and death records from 1886
marriage records from 1896, land and probate records from 1897
and military pensions 1904-1909 
1832--Randolph County was created 18 December 1832 from the Creek Cession of 1832.
County seat: Wedowee 
1896 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Carroll County, Georgia
- Heard County, Georgia
- Troup County, Georgia
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
<br> Nearly 14,000 Randolph County births (1881-1930) and more than 5,000 deaths and burials (1881-1952) are indexed in the Alabama Births and Christenings, 1881-1930 database at FamilySearch.org. See Alabama Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records) for more information about this database. <br>
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Randolph County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).