Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:02, 19 September 2011 by Sandralpond (add links to FHC's)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1832--Randolph County was created 18 December 1832 from the Creek Cession of 1832. County seat: Wedowee 
1896 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Carroll County, Georgia
- Heard County, Georgia
- Troup County, Georgia
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).