Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy
|Randolph County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1832|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1832--Randolph County was created 18 December 1832 from the Creek Cession of 1832.
County seat: Wedowee 
1896 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Carroll County, Georgia
- Heard County, Georgia
- Troup County, Georgia
For tips on accessing Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
<br> Nearly 14,000 Randolph County births (1881-1930) and more than 5,000 deaths and burials (1881-1952) are indexed in the Alabama Births and Christenings, 1881-1930 database at FamilySearch.org. See Alabama Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records) for more information about this database. <br>
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).