Renville County, Minnesota Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:09, 10 April 2013 by Ericcharlesperazzo (Added infobox)
|Renville County, Minnesota|
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||February 20, 1855|
|Address|| Renville County Courthouse|
500 DePue Ave E
Olivia, MN 56277
Renville County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
District Court has birth, marriage, and death records
from 1870, divorce, probate and court records.
County Recorderhas land records. 
- 1855--Renville County was created 20 February 1855 from Nicollet, Pierce (Eliminated 20 Feb 1862), and Sibley Counties.
County seat: Olivia 
- For a brief history of how Renville County was named, click here, then select Renville County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Renville County, Minnesota page 368, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).