Richland County, Ohio Genealogy
|Richland County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Richland County Courthouse|
50 Park Ave. E
Mansfield, Ohio 44902-1850
Richland County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Franklin and Knox Counties in 1808 (1813).
- County Seat: Mansfield
- Neighboring Counties: Richland County, Ohio Genealogyresidents may also have records in Huron (north) · Knox (south) · Crawford (west) · Morrow (southwest) · Ashland (east)
Richland County gave up land for the formation of Morrow County in February 1848. The Townships of Congress, North Bloomfield, Perry and Troy went to Morrow County.
See an interactive map of Richland County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 21 page 26 - Pleasant Valley
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Richland County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Richland County.
- - 1st Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company I, also known as the Mansfield Guards
- - 1st Independent Battery, Ohio Light Artillery, a battery is like a company in an artillery regiment.
- - 102nd Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies C, D, and E
Naturalization and Citizenship
Richland County Courthouse
50 Park Ave East
Mansfield, OH 44902
Clerk Court has divorce and court records from 1815;
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records;
County recorder has land records
Family History Centers
Ohio Genealogical Society Library (west of Bellville)
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- The Richland County OHGenWeb Project, a member of The OHGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wikipedia contributors, "Richland County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richland_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Richland County, Ohio. Page 545 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.