Richmond County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Richmond County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Richmond County Courthouse
114 E Franklin St #101
Rockingham, NC 28379
Register of Deeds has birth and death records from 1913
marriage records from 1870 and land records from 1784
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1913 & probate records from 1782 
Some of the court records are missing.
- Chesterfield County, South Carolina
- Marlboro County, South Carolina
For tips on accessing Richmond County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Richmond County, NCGenWeb - free genealogical resources; part of the USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Richmond County, North Carolina. Page 512 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).