Ripley County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Ripley County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Ripley County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 5, 1833|
|Address|| Ripley County Courthouse|
Doniphan, MO 63935
Ripley County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Recorder Deeds has marriage and land records 1833;
Probate Court has probate records
- See an interactive map of Ripley County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Arnold Cemetery, Harviell
- Fairdealing Cemetery, Fairdealing
- Gum Cemetery, Harviell
- Masonic Cemetery, Neelyville
For tips on accessing Ripley County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Ripley County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Ripley County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ripley County, Missouri. Page 405 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).