Riverton FamilySearch Library/Boy Scout Workshop
Saturday, May 14, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Merit Badge Workshop
The library offers a monthly workshop to assist Boy Scouts with their Genealogy Merit Badge. The workshop will be held the second Saturday of each month at 11:00 a.m.
- Scouts must prepare for the workshop, by doing the following before coming:
1) interview a family member about their life. The interview can be completed by telephone, e-mail or letter and the information learned must be recorded;
2) complete a four-generation pedigree chart. Make sure this includes information about at least one ancestor who was living in 1930;
3) complete two family group sheets (one listing your parents and your family, and another listing one of your parents and their parents and siblings); and
4) bring a blue merit badge card (which can be obtained from the Scoutmaster).
If these items are completed and brought to the workshop, all other requirements for the merit badge can be completed at the workshop and authorized personnel can certify the completion of the merit badge.